Elsewhere. . .
- 4/22/08 Update: Jim Crawford, host of the essential Antinatalism blog, kicks off a series of posts in which he promises to provide chapter-by-chapter commentary on David Benatar’s maligned and misunderstood monograph, Better Never to Have Been. If you have more than a passing interest in the multi-fanged case against breeding, you should know that Jim is also contributing several essays for the Hog-edited anthology, Against Life, Against Death, which will be released by Nine-Banded Books in 2009.
- Via Hit & Run comes news that John Stagliano, director of the seriously great (if unheralded) confessional documentary, Buttman Confidential, is being prosecuted for obscenity. You can follow the press links here, and you can contribute to his defense here.
- "Our rejection of polygyny brings into stark relief the persistence of shibboleths and unspoken norms," writes Razib of Gene Expression in a nuanced and historically informed post on the Fundamentalist Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints and the bourgeois-bound limits of tolerance.
- Meanwhile, TGGP points out that David Friedman stands virtually alone in his skeptical coverage of the FDLS raid, which continues to unfold.
- Jack Malebranche, whose book Androphilia reads like something Justin Raimondo might have penned in more peaceful times, has a blog.
- The SPLC is picking on Kevin MacDonald, who apparently has a new book. In emphatically unrelated news, Sylvia Stolz is still in jail, along with this guy, this guy, and this guy. Wait for the documentary, I guess.